The battery for the Ford Ka lasts for roughly 3 to 4 years and when purchasing a new battery, look for the CR2025 or CR2032 type. Essentially the CR2032 battery is a little thicker than the CR2025, meaning it has higher energy capacity so will last longer. Both batteries will fit the Ford Ka key fob.
Detailed below are instructions for replacing the battery for the Ford Ka Mk2 (second generation) key fob and the Ford Ka Mk3 (third and current generation) key fob. The Ford Ka is also known as the Ford Figo in other countries. To avoid electrical or physical damage, always avoid touching the battery contacts or the electrical circuit in the key fob with a metal screwdriver.
Change Key Fob Battery Ford Ka Mk2
Use this guide to change the battery in your Ford Ka / Ford Figo Mk2, second generation 2008-2014 remote key fob.
- Press button on the key fob to release and flip out the key .
- Undo the screw using a small flat screwdriver.
- Remove the battery casing from the key fob.
- Remove and replace the battery ensuring that insert the battery with the correct polarity. Insert the + and – polarity of the battery identically to the battery you removed.
- Reinsert the battery housing into the key fob and screw in place.
Change Key Fob Battery Ford Ka Mk3
Use this guide to change the battery in your Ford Ka / Ford Figo Mk3, third generation 2015 to present remote key fob.
- Flip out the key part of the fob and using a flat screwdriver, insert it as far as possible into the slot on the side of the key fob . Gently push the clip.
- Pressing the clip down should release the battery cover .
- Carefully remove the battery cover .
- Using a small flat screwdriver, gently ease up the battery from the battery housing .
- Insert a new battery whilst respecting the polarity. Insert the battery with the + facing upwards.
- Replace the battery cover.
Used batteries contain hazardous chemicals and are harmful to the environment. Used batteries should be disposed of either as part of your local council collection service or via nearest battery recycling facilities. Some supermarkets offer a battery recycling service.