How to Change ŠKODA Fabia Key Fob Battery
Your ŠKODA Fabia key fob battery will last for around three to four years depending on usage. The ŠKODA Fabia key fob uses the flat disc type batteries – CR2025 or CR2032. CR2032 is slightly thicker than CR2025, it has higher energy capacity and should last longer.
Detailed on this page are guides on how to change ŠKODA Fabia key fob batteries for the Mk1, Mk2 and the current model, the Mk3 ŠKODA Fabia.
Change Key Fob Battery ŠKODA Fabia Mk1
Use this guide to change the key fob battery for the ŠKODA Fabia Mk1, first generation, 1999-2007.
- Fold out the key.
- Lever off the front part of the key using a screwdriver to separate the key part from the transmitter housing.
- In the direction of the arrow, take off the cover of the transmitter housing .
- Take out the used battery from the housing cover.
- Insert a new battery ensuring that the + symbol on the battery is facing downwards. The correct polarity of the battery is also shown on the cover of the transmitter housing.
- Reassemble the key – insert cover with battery in place at the rear of the transmitter housing and press both parts together.
- Insert the transmitter housing into the front part of the key so that the two parts lock into each other.
Change Key Fob Battery ŠKODA Fabia Mk2
This guide is for changing the key fob battery for the ŠKODA Fabia Mk2, second generation, 2007-2014.
- Fold out the key.
- Using your thumb or a flat screwdriver, press off the battery cover on the key fob within the region of the arrows .
- To remove the flat battery from the key fob, press the battery downwards in the direction and region of the arrow .
- Insert a new battery by ensuring the + symbol of the battery is facing upwards. The correct polarity of the battery is also shown on the key fob battery cover.
- Finally, place the battery cover back over the key fob and press down until it clicks in place.
Change Key Fob Battery ŠKODA Fabia Mk3
Use this guide for changing the key fob battery for the ŠKODA Fabia Mk3, third generation, 2015-present.
- Fold out the key from the fob.
- Using your thumb, press off the battery cover , lifting up the cover in the direction of arrow . Alternatively, lift up in direction and remove the battery cover using a screwdriver in region .
- Remove the flat, discharged battery in the direction of arrow .
- Insert and click down a new battery.
- Insert the battery cover and press down until you hear a click.
Synchronise ŠKODA Fabia Key Fob
If you have pressed the buttons several times on the remote key fob beyond the effective range of the equipment, or you have changed the battery in your key fob and you are unable to unlock the ŠKODA Fabia, the key must be synchronised. To synchronise the remote key fob:
- Press any button on the remote control key.
- Using the key in the lock, unlock the door within 1 minute of pressing the button.