Leeds Driving Test Centres
There are two practical driving test centres within Leeds. The driving test centres for Leeds will incorporate many diverse road types and traffic systems. Expect busy and fast paced ‘A’ roads and dual carriageways through to high speed rural roads (see the country road driving tutorial for advice on using these road types). The examiner from Leeds driving test centres will be assessing your ability on many traffic systems from roundabouts (from large multi-lane to mini roundabouts), crossroads to various junction types. The driving test often includes narrow residential roads that appear quiet but are often hazardous due to oncoming traffic and narrow lanes and parked cars.
The passing parked cars tutorial helps novice drivers. One driving test manoeuvre will be requested from the possible four that the examiner has to choose from. The emergency stop procedure has a 1-in-3 possibility of being requested. Approximately 10 minutes of the driving test is reserved for independent driving which involves following basic maps displayed by the examiner, following road signs or a combination of both.
Certain driving test centres operate driving test at weekends on Saturdays. The level of traffic congestion during Saturdays is often much less making it beneficial for the driving test. Booking a driving test on Saturdays incurs a slightly higher test fee. Some of the Leeds driving test routes are available for viewing and will gain you the advantage of knowing the various road types likely to be taken from your chosen Leeds Driving Test Centre. Understanding the difficult parts of the test routes will gain the most advantage such as busy roads and complicated roundabouts.
Where are the driving test centres in Leeds
Below details the address location and services provided by the driving test centres in Leeds, West Yorkshire.
Leeds Driving Test Centre (Horsforth)
- Practical Driving Test Centre Address
Room 013 Woodside House
261 Low Lane
- Test Centre Details: Horsforth Driving Test Centre in Leeds is situated on Low Lane about 2 minutes from Horsforth Rail Station. Wheelchair access available. Test candidate car parking facilities available. Low Lane is a very busy road and sometimes parking is at a premium and test candidates sometimes have to park on one of the side streets. There is no problem with this and all examiners are aware of the parking problems and understand that they usually have a little walk to the car.
- Test Centre Provides Tests For: Car, Taxi, Motorcycle module 2, Approved driving instructor – part two, Approved driving instructor – part three
- Further Information: Horsforth Driving Test Centre
LEEDS DRIVING TEST CENTRE (Harehills)
- Practical Driving Test Centre Address
386 Harehills Lane
- Test Centre Details: Harehills Driving Test Centre in Leeds is in the large building on the corner of Harehills Lane/Lupton Avenue. There is no car park so parking is either on the opposite side of Harehills Lane down Kimberley Road (down side of Netto) or facing you as you step outside the test centre on Clifton Grove. Disabled access to test centre available.
- Test Centre Provides Tests For: Car, Taxi, Approved driving instructor – part two, Approved driving instructor – part three
- Further Information: Harehills Driving Test Centre
BOOKING A DRIVING TEST AT Leeds DRIVING TEST CENTRE
It is often beneficial to book a practical test for the quietest periods of the day, missing out of rush hour. Booking a test is easily completed by using one of two methods detailed below.
Book a driving test by phone
Practical driving tests in the UK are booked via the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA). Driving tests can be booked by telephone or via the internet (see below). To book a test at either of the Leeds Driving Test Centres, see the book a driving test section for booking contact telephone numbers. This is an automated service, though a DVSA assistant can be reached by following the options provided.
Book your driving test online
The most popular method for booking a practical test is via the internet. Upon making a booking, the available times and dates will be displayed for your chosen test centre. To make a test booking at any of the Leeds Driving Test Centres, see the book a driving test section.
Rescheduling or cancelling the driving test
Driving Tests can be rescheduled or cancelled. Changing your driving test date can be done providing three working days’ notice is given. To cancel your test and receive a full refund from DVSA bookings, three working days’ notice must also be provided. Saturdays are also classed as a working day.
Leeds DRIVING TEST CENTRE PASS RATES
Pass rates vary from each test centre, often due to the difficulty of the test routes. Some test candidates choose a test centre outside of their location due to the type roads that are taken on the test. The driving test pass rates section may show driving test pass rate statistics for your practical test centre.
Leeds TEST CENTRE TELEPHONE NUMBER
A member of staff can be contacted at your test centre to enquire on any general driving test questions you may have, for example if a test is still going ahead due to bad weather (See driving tests in bad weather for further information). Practical driving test can only be booked, cancelled or amended via the DVSA directly however. See above for details. The driving test centres in Leeds contact telephone numbers may be located within the driving test centre contact numbers section or obtained from your driving test confirmation letter or email.
PRACTICAL DRIVING TEST CENTRE REVIEWS
Reviews are a great way of letting people know what’s good or bad about a product or service. Write a review of either of the Leeds Driving Test Centres to let other know if you passed or failed the test, how difficult the test routes were, whether the test centre had adequate facilities and what your examiner was like on the day (please mention no names). It’s quick and simple – no signup necessary and only your nickname will be displayed.